Ingredients for 12 brownies:
- 1.5 can black beans (drained)
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons Stevia in the raw (if you prefer not to use sweetener, substitute with 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup organic, raw honey but remember it will change the macronutrients)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper**
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (at least 60% cacao)
(**) – denotes optional ingredient
- Set oven to 350F.
- Pour all of the above ingredients – except for chocolate chips and walnuts – into a blender. Blend until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into a large bowl. Add about 75% of the chocolate chunks and 75% of the walnuts, the remaining pieces will be used for the topping. Mix the batter together.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the batter. If desired, or needed because the coating on your baking dish is worn, you can also line the baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread out the batter in the baking dish using a spatula, then top with the remaining chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until you can pierce the brownies with a toothpick and it comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool to at least room temperature before initially cutting them.
Approximate macros for 1 of 12 brownies:
203 calories, 7g protein, 24g carbs, 12g fat, 6g fiber, 8g sugar