Nutrition is everything when trying to lose weight or tone up. Here is a list of some great sources for your protein, fats and carbs. I usually try to include as many as i can to my meals especially in the protein section.
- Tuna or most any fish.
- Cottage cheese.
- Eggs (especially the whites).
- Chicken breast (boneless skinless).
- Turkey breast (boneless skinless).
- Lean beef.
- Low fat or no fat cheese.
- Low fat pork.
- Milk protein isolate.
- Whey protein.
- Soy protein.
- Essentially most any other source of protein so long as it is low in saturated fat and carbohydrates.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Oat meal, oat bran, oat bran cereal (i.e. cheerios).
- Bran cereal.
- Brown rice.
- Wheat bread (try to limit to 2 slices per day).
- Low fat popcorn (low fat butter spray makes this a delicacy).
- Fruits (limit to 2-3 servings per day).
- Stay away from refined grains and anything that says “enriched” or “high fructose corn syrup” on the label!
- Omega 3 capsules (i.e. fish oil capsules).
- Flax seed oil.
- Primrose oil.
- Borage oil.
- Olive oil.
- Nuts (limit to 1 serving per day), peanut butter (as long as it does not contain hydrogenated oils).
- Egg yolks.
- Fish (salmon especially).
- All other fat should come as a by-product of your carbohydrate and protein intake.