Today, we have a post about 14 simple Health and Fitness Tips for Busy Moms! As moms, life can get super busy right? with caring for the little one or ones, everyone on the family, work, cleaning and the list goes on. So how do you fit in your fitness priorities into all of that? I mean, unless you are superwoman and have your entire life together, bravo to you cause you need to show me the way! Some days I think about all I need to do and I just want to lay in bed all day instead.
Anyway, here we go with the tips from other women like you:
- Be flexible: Sometimes you have your plans all laid out and ready to go, but you have to be flexible cause sometimes, life throws us curve balls and our well laid out plans go puff into the wind.
- Kid fun: Make exercise fun with you and your kids. Include them in your workouts. Try using a jogging stroller or having them join in your exercise routine, exercise while at the park or playground. Find a way to get them involved as well. This will help you spend time with them, multitask and get healthy together and maybe even show them the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
- Chore workouts: do some squats while giving your kids a bath or lunges while doing laundry, anything. Find ways to throw in little workouts here and there. This will help you multitask and bond with them at the same time.
- Find something you love. When you love something, you are more likely to stick with it rather than feel forced
- Schedule it: Wake up a little earlier than usual to get it in, go during your lunch break, take a walk or run here and there.
- For those with older kids, volunteer in more sporting activities so you can do it with your kids.
- Water up: drink loads of water to keep you hydrated and give you energy. This will go a long way in helping you workout and make it a priority
- Take every day one day at a time and don’t sweat it if things don’t work out how you planned
- Don’t give up: some days you will eat right and other days you throw caution to the wind, do not let that one bad day ruin your entire day. Dust yourself up and move on.
- Find your motivation: For me, my motivations are my family and being healthy and alive together to achieve the purpose that God has created us for. I need to be the best version of myself to achieve that. I want to be an example to my kids so one day they can do the same thing and even better.
- Think Baby steps. Change one thing at a time. For instance, make a commitment to move daily just for a few minutes and work your way up. All movement counts. Adopt one healthy habit at a time and build from there.
- Take time for yourself: sometimes we get so wrapped up in taking care of everyone else and forget that we need to care for ourselves too. In order to take the best care of anyone, we need to focus on ourselves first.
- Break up your workouts, try 10 minutes three times a day. Sometimes it’s hard to
- Overall, believe in yourself and do the best for yourself! You alone know yourself best, so at the end of the day, tips are great but do you for the best you…….if that makes any sense lol