As promised, some tips on how to get back on track after slacking off. These are some ideas i follow and some i have heard of or seen.
1) First and most important, DO NOT BREAK THE HABIT in the first place lol. Just do it! Once you break the habit for a few days, its hard to get back into it, so dont break it!!!!
2) Have rewards for yourself when you workout, for instance sometimes i reward myself with a day off exercise, or sometimes if i workout steadily for about two weeks and eat clean, i may give myself a treat to coldstone (sorry i love coldstone, thats one junk food i can be tempted with). You dont need to always reward yourself with food, you are not a dog!
3) Make working out fun, if you love dancing, do a dance workout, if you love running, get your running shoes and run. The gym is not for everyone, so find what works for you and stick to it
4) Set aside time to workout, and stick to it. set a time you are sure to follow. Most times the hard part is getting out of the door, once you step out, its a wrap. So force yourself out of the bed and out the door
5) Sometimes i set my clothes aside for early morning workouts so i dont have the excuse of needing to look for workout clothes. Sometimes i even sleep in them just so all i have to do is get up and out the door.
6) Dont try to do too much all at once, you will only get frustrated, if all you can start with is 15minutes a day, then start with that so you dont feel miserable looking forward to an hour workout. Its easier to look forward to 15minutes than one hour.
7) Get a workout buddy, personally i do better without workout buddies cause i feel they slow me down lol especially on days they claim they dont feel like meeting up to workout (too addicted for one) but yea my hubby is sort of like my workout buddy now since we live together and i can kick him off the bed to go workout if he is being lazy or he can do the same to me too.
8) Keep your workout calendar blocked out. Unless i can make an alternative workout time, sometimes i will cancel out on people (unknown to them)because of workout reasons. It may not be that important to them but it means a lot to me, PERIOD!
9) Measure your progress, seeing how far you have come also makes a great reason to workout. See how your clothes fit, or your weight (i prefer going by how clothes fit…. post for another day)
10) Some people refuse to go to the gym cause they feel people are looking at them, ummmmmm excuse you??? No one came to the gym because of you thus no one cares that you are there, as far as i am concerned no one exists once i am in my workout zone. Unless of course you do something silly like drop the weights or slam the equipment or fall down or something that catches my attention, but then again i wont remember you next time….. i would hope not lol.
Think thats all i can think of for now, so stick with your workout, dont fall off track and if you have get back on it and holla @ me if you need help, have questions etc…..