Thats right! Its time to tell them goodbye, they have no place in your lives this christmas cause guess what? you wont give them a chance to buy a house in your body!!!!
A lot of people gain weight during festive periods like this and find it hard to lose it. this is because its tough to stay on top of your diet and workout and stay dedicated in the midst of all the food and celebration, families visits and all of that.
So how do you kiss them goodbye? here are a few tips:
1) Make a workout plan for this period. Mark it in your calendar as something you have to do and cannot skip unless absolutely completely necessary. Most times i plan my workout ahead of the week because my schedule always changes. if i dont plan them, most times i wont end up working out
2) Make a nutrition list. Make a list of healthy foods and prepare healthy meals in advance thus you are less likely to eat unhealthy by not having meals ready for work or school.
3) Keep your refrigerator clean and healthy. This way when people come over to visit, you are less likely to serve junk and thus get tempted.
4) Cut down on your tv and laptop time. spending so much time doing these will make you gain weight by being inactive and not burning calories
5) Get more active. Take walks, go window shopping. Take note i didn’t say go shopping, i said window shopping lol. Park far from the mall or grocery store. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalators
6) Try to eat something small every 3 hours so you dont get hungry. Eat smaller sized meals instead of three large meals
7) Indulge your cravings once in a while. This means once a week or in two weeks, do a cheat meal and treat yourself. Remember this is just one meal and not the entire day.
8) Make it fun. Involve friends and family in it. Take a family walk, do a healthy cooking day.
9) Have your water with you everywhere you go
10) Keep a fitness and nutrition journal to keep yourself accountable
11) Bring your own dishes to parties. Instead of bringing cookies or icecream for the party, bring some salad or fruits. Fill your plate with the main course and your own side dishes and you’ll know you’re eating healthy
12) Start with soup or salads
13) Only eat what you really like and dont waste your calories on what you dont really have a craving for. I usually like cutting the chocolate chips out of cookies to eat them, but i dont care much for regular cookies or pizza, so i will rather spend my calorie allowance on the chocolate chips than others.
14) Watch what you drink. A lot of people drink their calories and wonder why they are not losing weight when they clearly eat less.
These are just a few tips amongst many others on how to beat holiday weight gain!!!