I am sure a lot of you have heard about Juicing? Well if you have not, sit back and lets chat about it together. Juicing is simply extracting or removing the juice from fruits and vegetables.
Some people add it to supplement their meals while others use it to cleanse or detox in order to lose weight. I personally do not encourage going overboard in terms of using it as a strict cleanse for some reasons. First, with juicing all day alone, it gets digested pretty fast and thus you will get hungry fast and this could lead you to binge or overeat eventually. Second, you would probably not have enough energy to perform your best with your workouts because with strict juice cleanse, your blood sugar is out of whack which leads to lack of energy, exhaustion, lightheadedness.
Our bodies need a lot more than what comes from juice only plans. Thus i encourage you to combine juicing with a well balanced nutrition plan.
Benefits of Juicing
- Allows you to get more vegetables and fruits in daily especially for those who normally do not like them
- Cleanses your system
- Aids in digestion
- Increase energy
- Detoxifies your body
- Hydrates you
- Stronger immune system
- Protects you from certain diseases like heart and kidney diseases
How to juice
- Combine it with a balanced nutrition plan
- Juice before your meals
- You do not have to buy a juicer if you cannot afford one, use a blender and a strainer if you are trying to separate the pulp
- Do not discard the pulp after juicing, this usually contains most of the nutrients, so find ways to use it
- Watch the calories, a lot of people tend to go overboard with the amount of fruits and vegetables and thus pack on the calories. You can make it more balanced and feeling by adding things like almond milk or flax seeds, or some greek yoghurt to it.
Sample juice ideas
- Lemon juice
- Carrot juice
- Aloe vera juice
- Cranberry juice
- Wheatgrass juice
- Strawberry and cucumber juice
- Spinach and apple juice
- Carrot and orange juice
- Cucumber and Tomato juice
- Watermelon and lemon juice
WANT MORE RECIPES? SUBSCRIBE BELOW…..