What do you eat before and after your workouts???
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter and bananas
They contain complex and simple carbs to give you steady energy throughout your workout. The bananas also increase potassium level and make you sweat more. They also help maintain muscles
- Greek yoghurt and nuts: they provide energy boost and the nuts prevent your insulin levels from dropping during workout. Just remember do the nuts in moderation so they don’t make you sluggish too
- Smoothie. Try blending 1/2 cup plain, low-fat yogurt, 1/2 cup fruit and 1 cup fruit juice.
- 10 to 20 grams of protein before exercising is plenty and enough. You need carbs before to provide energy, the protein does not break down fast enough to give that to you, instead it helps prevent muscle damage afterwards. So get some carbs!
- Oatmeal and fruits: these also give steady energy for your workout
- Whole wheat toast with turkey slices provide carbs and protein for lunch time workout
- Also do not eat too much, avoid getting your carbs from sugary stuff like candies cause these will only make you super sluggish
- Grilled chicken and mixed vegetables
The lean protein and carbohydrates in chicken will fill you up without feeling overly bloated.
- Salmon with Sweet Potato
Salmon plays a role in inflammation reduction, helps to regulate insulin levels and give you joint support. It is also high in protein. Sweet potatoes also help replete your lost carbs
- Whole wheat tuna fish sandwich
If you’re main goal is to build muscle, eat at least 30 grams of protein and 30 to 35 grams of carbs within 15 minutes of your workout. If you’re just trying to stay in shape or shed a few pounds, eat within 45 minutes or an hour after your workout. –