I decided to post on my essentials that go into my gym bag when working out. They are pretty similar with most people.
- Gym clothes: Lol obviously. This is especially true when i go from work, i will need them to be in my bag in the car so i dont get hope and opt out of working out so i can head there straight. If going from home, i am already dressed in my gym clothes and will then have my work clothes in a bag.
- Shoes. Same reasoning as gym clothes. You have to be prepared to not give your brain time to change its mind
- My Phone/ iPod. Lets face it, workout without music in my opinion cannot be done. At least for me when i am doing cardio i need music to keep me going. On my strength training days i dont use music since i am moving and carrying dumbbells around. I also have a workout playlist just so i dont have any boring songs making me feel sleepy while working out. Gotta pump it up people!!!
- Charger: For my phone and ipod lol, i will usually have them fully charged but just incase.
- Notepad and pen. I usually need these to log my workouts especially during weight training so i know how much progress i have made or have not made. This helps me know if i need to increase or decrease weights next time or basically what i need to work on for my next workout day.
- Gloves: I do not have these yet, however they are on my workout shopping list. They help me in holding the dumbbells better because some types give me blisters or hurt my hands.
- Headphones: Well if you are listening to music, you obviously need one. You dont wanna be one of those people who crank up the music on high like they are the only ones in the gym or like everyone else really wants to hear what they are listening to
- Water: This is a must! I drink so much water when working out, so this is essential
- Snacks: This i take on days i am running long miles or working out for long. They help replenish my energy levels and keep me going.
- Cosmetics and a towel: For after workout touchup especially when going to work right after
What’s in your bag when you go workout?